Occupy and Seize
Remember, Obama’s henchman Hoffa said Unions were going to make war on Americans.
What does a strategy of Occupation and the Seizure of property sound like, if not a war on Americans?
- OccupyWallStreet’s Modest Proposal: Seize Workplaces, Classrooms and Empty Buildings (BigGovernment).On September 17th, the first day of “OccupyWallStreet” the organization posted a call for revolution on its website. Among its “action items”:
And so we call on people to act
- We call for protests to remain active in the cities. Those already there, to grow, to organize, to raise consciousnesses, for those cities where there are no protests, for protests to organize and disrupt the system.
- We call for workers to not only strike, but seize their workplaces collectively, and to organize them democratically. We call for students and teachers to act together, to teach democracy, not merely the teachers to the students, but the students to the teachers. To seize the classrooms and free minds together.
- We call for the unemployed to volunteer, to learn, to teach, to use what skills they have to support themselves as part of the revolting people as a community.
- We call for the organization of people’s assemblies in every city, every public square, every township.
- We call for the seizure and use of abandoned buildings, of abandoned land, of every property seized and abandoned by speculators, for the people, for every group that will organize them.
We call for a revolution of the mind as well as the body politic.Hmmmm….. Obama Says He Understands Anger Of Occupy Wall Street Protesters At Banks And Economy”.Read the full story here.
- OccupyWallStreet Wants to Seize Trillions from Economy (BigGovernment).While it is an open question whether Obama and BigLabor created the #Occupy anarchy spilling out around the country or are simply trying to co-opt it for the upcoming campaign, its clear that something is a foot. Past attempts to create a leftist alternative to the mainstream tea party movement included the Coffee Party (apparently decaffeinated) and the non-sensical “No Labels” party. Those efforts didn’t even make it past one news cycle.So, rather than risk going into the next election without an energized base, ObamaBigLabor have gone back to the reliable well of extreme leftist radicals. Sure, they are few in number, and a bit crazy-even by leftist standards-but, if enough rank-and-file union members can be convinced to join them, the media will lend a hand and make it all seem very reasonable and mainstream. With enough media support, the American public may not even appreciate the true radicalism of this new ‘movement’ until after Obama is reelected.So, as part of our ongoing public service, BigGovernment thought we’d revisit some of the early days of the current ‘anarchy.’ You see, the current protests began to be planned around June. Coincidentally, this was around the same time that Richard Trumpka, big boss of the AFL-CIO said this to Salon:
What you’re about to see is, we’re going to do a full-time, around the calendar political program that’s going to be mobilizing and educating people 12 months a year, 24 months a cycle, as opposed to doing it till Election Day and dismantling it.
We’re going to try to get back on every campus out there, start a debate about how we change the country, how we change the economy. We’re bringing young people in and not saying, here’s what we can do for you, but tell us what you need us to do for you?
And no, this is not your ordinary union organizing campaign.
This new effort isn’t so much about securing higher wages and benefits for individual union members, but more about reshaping the country’s entire political economy. Rank-and-file union members may find the extreme radicalism of their new allies shocking, but this radicalism is perfectly aligned with the views of their union bosses. As unions become increasingly dominated by public sector employees, expanding government anywhere and everywhere become labor’s number one priority.
In the lead up to the planned September 17th “occupation” of Wall Street, the organizers of OccupyWallStreet held an August rally against New York state budget cuts. It was in may respects a “dry-run” for today’s “occupations,” From their alert on the rally:
This is a call for every teacher, home health aid, parent, student, tenant, librarian, city/state employee, childcare provider, nurse, patient, employed or unemployed worker or recipient of Social Security or any type of public assistance: on August 2 come to Wall Street–the scene of the crimes now being perpetrated on the people — and make your voice heard!The current depression-level crisis is not due to lack of revenue. It’s due to theft. The trillions that the banks are sitting on right now? That’s our money. Whether through taxes; the looting of pension and social security contributions; or the wealth we created from our labor — all of that belongs to us. Come to Wall Street August 2 and strategize — on how to get that back!
Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg. And, of course, BigGovernment will bring you more over the coming weeks. But, keep that last paragraph in mind when the media tries to convince you that the current protests are mainstream or in any way reflective of the views of the American public.Hmmmm……..Jimmy Hoffa:”President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march’.Read the full story here.
“Obama’s October Revolution”
(TheWashingtonTimes) — President Obama’s shock troops are marching in the streets. Occupy Wall Street — a movement composed of communists, anarchists, socialists and anti-globalization student radicals — is spreading. Protests have swelled in cities including New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver and Philadelphia. The protesters are gaining influence and numbers. A ragtag group of hippie students has turned into a potent political force.Occupy Wall Street seeks to demonize big banks, large corporations and capitalism. Its goal is to overturn America’s economic structure.
The protesters are calling for wealth redistribution, fees on bank profits and massive tax increases on the rich. Many are demanding a socialist revolution — the confiscation of private property and nationalization of the economy. They are the heirs of Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels and Vladimir Lenin. Their aim is to impose the hammer and sickle upon America.
Leftist radicals, such as Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky, have endorsed the anti-capitalist movement. Both men have glorified authoritarian communist regimes — Fidel Castro’s Cuba, Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela and the old Soviet Union.
Their hatred for America has found expression in the rabble on the streets of New York and Washington. Actress Roseanne Barr even has called for the return of the “guillotine.” She wants bankers to be sent to “re-education camps,” and if they still refuse to hand over their profits, they should be beheaded, she says. This is the language of revolutionary terror and Marxist violence.
Mr. Obama has said he “sympathizes” with the protesters — especially their anger at Wall Street and “fat-cat” bankers. For years, he has demonized billionaires and millionaires, jet owners and corporate America.
His divisive, irresponsible rhetoric has laid the groundwork for Occupy Wall Street.The White House connection is even deeper. The protest’s main players all have ties to the Obama administration. Its primary organizer is former Obama “green-jobs czar” Van Jones. Mr. Jones is a self-avowed communist and follower of Saul Alinsky, the radical community organizer who also was Mr. Obama’s intellectual mentor.
Mr. Jones said October is the month of the long-awaited “progressive offensive” — the watershed moment when students, labor unions, socialists and civil rights activists coalesce into an anti-Tea Party to blunt Middle America’s growing opposition to Mr. Obama.
Occupy Wall Street also is being supported by MoveOn.org. The group was one of the first to back Mr. Obama’s presidential candidacy when he was still an obscure senator from Illinois. The protests are being funded by socialist billionaire George Soros — a key Obama ally. And the protesters are being joined by big labor, the administration’s most powerful constituency.
Hence, Occupy Wall Street is not a spontaneous uprising of disenchanted citizens frustrated with corporate plutocracy and capitalist excess. Rather, it is a planned, manufactured attempt to prop up Mr. Obama’s failed presidency. It is a page taken straight from the Alinsky playbook: Demonize bankers and businessmen in order to divert attention from the real source of our economic woes, Mr. Obama’s policies.
Read the full story here.
- Obama Pal Bill Ayers Releases “Collective Statement” Of Occupy Wall Street Protesters (BillAyers).What follows is the first official, collective statement of the protesters in Zuccotti Park:
As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.
As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power.
We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known. To the people of the world, We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.
Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.
To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal. Join us and make your voices heard!
Read the full story here.
GBTV – Glenn Beck – Extremely Dangerous People in Wall Street Movement
“We’re Trying To Accomplish The Demolition of Capitalism”
Hippies are dirty, what a surprise.