its all about desensitizing the federal shock troops who will be expected to fire on average americans. the fact that these “targets are holding guns is a fig leaf. These targets are designed to make the shooters more comfortable with killing everyday Americans. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I refer, of course, to the vendor of shooting targets for the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies that has created a line of “non-traditional threat” targets that include pregnant women, children, mothers in playgrounds and elderly Americans. Seriously.
Finally, the DHS will put an end to the epidemic of seven-year olds and pregnant women shooting cops. The company says it’s all about, uhm, realism.
The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty).
The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served.
Because over and over again, history is replete with incidents of law enforcement officials being shot at by 7-year old kids and pregnant ladies.
heres the logical next target in the no more hesitation line for obamas storm troopers……
if you dont think they are gearing up for something your a fool.
from director blue, doug ross this compilation of disturbing actions from the feds…
1. The Department of Homeland Security recently acquired 2 billion rounds of ammunition, which represents thousands of rounds per DHS employee.
2. Newly released drone records have revealed extensive military flights inside the U.S.; police departments and federal agencies plan to have as many as 30,000 drones monitoring Americans within the next seven years.
3. When Can the U.S. Kill Americans? The White House Won’t Say — and Won’t Even Tell Congress; President Obama’s successful efforts to renew and strengthen The Patriot Act under the NDAA means, according to the ACLU, American citizens may be subject to “indefinite military detention without charge or trial… for the first time in American history.”
4. The FBI director said in March he’d have to check whether the president can assassinate citizens inside the U.S.. When questioned by Congress regarding a speech by Attorney General Holder, who offered his “legal justification for assassination”, FBI Director Mueller was unable to say whether the president could unilaterally decide to assassinate U.S. citizens inside the borders of this country.
5. The DHS has specifically listed Americans who believe in “individual liberty” as potential terrorists. These “right-wing extremists” who insist in fidelity to the Constitution are, according to multiple studies funded by DHS, among the country’s most dire terrorist threats. Not Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Ansar al-Islam, Hamas, or Iran’s Revolutionary Guards — together responsible for tens of thousands of murders — but “violent right-wing extremists” who believe in the principles of the nation’s founding
6. The military recently deployed gunships over Miami, executing training exercises with local police departments. A few days later, similar exercises were conducted in Houston. Last year the military deployed ground forces, armored personnel carriers and tanks on the streets of St. Louis for “training exercises”. Military exercises in domestic urban environments of this scale are “unprecedented”.
7. Police departments throughout the country are receiving tanks, humvees and drones from the Department of Defense, according to a WLS-TV (Chicago) I-Team investigation. “Short of a weapon of mass destruction, you can get any kind of military gear that’s out there,” the police chief of Benedectine University told WLS. “We chose firearms and a vehicle.” WLS also reported rampant theft of military equipment, including body armor and night-vision goggles issued to the Chicago Police Department.
And now we can add:
8. The purchase of “non-traditional” shooting practice targets by the DHS, which include realistic images of kids, pregnant women and seniors.
You progressives starting to get the picture?
and you dont think it could happen here?
by Karl Denninger
Anyone remember what happened today, 71 years ago?
On February 19th, 1942 FDR willfully and intentionally violated The Constitution, an act for which he should have been impeached.
I am speaking of the Japanese internment — the rounding up of over 100,000 people who were frog-marched into Concentration Camps on American soil.
Far more than half were American Citizens with a full and complete set of alleged Constitutional Rights.
We, America, did this.